Monday, October 5, 2009

More than a pretty face.

I hardly did anything this weekend... Caught up on a television show that I'm watching on DVD, (the O.C.) I think I may do my essay over an episode of that show. I just wanted to take some time to relax, and settle into this weather. I really have missed fall. I was sitting out on the balcony earlier this evening, thinking about class tomorrow, and it dawned on me that I had not written my blog yet. I'm such a procrastinator sometimes. But I was thinking back on the article about the models, I believe it was Article 10, part 3. How they referred to them as being paper dolls. It amazes me how much everyone takes models, or women in general for granted. They're more than just a pretty face, or a nice body. They shouldn't be viewed like something that can just be tossed aside, or disregarded. Like someone in our class said, I think it was Kiel, that we all do what we're passionate about, and they chose this profession, there for they know what it's going to be like... But that may not all be entirely true. Yeah, sure they might like the idea of being model, maybe they've heard it their entire life, because people found them to be beautiful, and girls idolized them for it, and felt inadequate because so and so from the football team, preferred the head cheerleader, instead of the girl in the marching band. I might be getting a little off subject here, but it could also have something to do with Taylor Swift playing, haha. Either way, America's Next Top Model was on, and it made me think of that article, and how sometimes I wonder if it's all staged? It's hard to believe TV anymore.

1 comment: