Monday, September 28, 2009

The "F" Word

I've been realizing that being in this class has affected the way I view the world, and other things around me in a new perspective. I question peoples actions more often, I think more often, I even catch myself viewing movies differently, almost like in a different light. I'm not a shy person, I would consider myself more of an observer though. I want to be able to talk, and bring things up in class, but to be completely honest, all last week I was sick, and feeling horrible, so I wasn't caught up on my reading. I'll be prepared to tackle a question, or have a response for the next class. I talked to my mom this weekend about my classes, and how this class has made me a feminist, I had to break it down to her, because although she is a hardworking women, and is one of the best women I know, she really needed explaination, on why I thought that. She, as many people believe, thought the worst, when they think of feminism, a sterotype, if I may. I clearly told her, that of all people, she is a feminst as well, if she believes in equality, and it changed her mind, right that moment. Not that I'm trying to convert everyone into being a feminist, it's just when I'm passionate about something, and learn something new, you can't get me to shut up about it. So, I take it that this class is only going to make me a stronger believer in the "F" word.

1 comment: