Monday, November 16, 2009

Family Gems

I have enjoying this book, so much. I didn't realize what it was, until I finally picked it up. I think it's hilarious, and the women remind me of my mamaw and her sisters. Usually, at the end of the semester I'll sale my books back, but not this one. I think, as a Christmas present, I'm going to give it to my mom. She would enjoy it, a lot I think. It's so realistic, I'm not very far in, just yet, I'm trying to space it out, so that I don't forget whenever the test rolls around.
Anyway, something that came up in the news that sparked my attention, (that's right, I watched the news, finally!) did you hear about the missing girl in North Carolina, found dead? She was only five years old. About 200 people had been searching for the body, after reliable information, reported her dead. The mother was charged for trafficking and other offenses. Officials were saying that she was prostituting her child! Remind you, shes only 5!!! This is way disgusting. I think the mother should be killed. Other felonies charged against the mother, is child abuse, prostitution, and a fake police report. She told them that she had vanished from their mobile home. Bullshit! (sorry for my language, this just really eats me up. Like, seriously, what are people thinking? Why would a mother be like this... It's cruel, and I know there's worse off, and we're very lucky, but still, it's wrong, and I just wish there was something that could be done about it.
I'll save the rest for class discussion.
see ya tomorrow.

Hey Molly, so this is my addition, since I wrote for the wrong Monday. Really, I have so many blogs that I should make up, not that that's an option, but yeah... You catch my drift. I was sitting in Mass Media, and I was thinking: "I should probably add a little bit more." I thought class last Thursday was rather interesting, with all the discussion about gays and lesbians and etc. I wanted to so badly when that one girl (I'm not for sure what her name was) made the statement, or theory about how stereotypical it was for gay men to talk with a higher pitch voice, I could have spoken up and said: "I don't." With my deep and "non-gay" voice, it really would have thrown her off, and I think it would have been rather funny to see her expression. But, I held back. Not that I'm scared to be different, everyone knows, but the people in that class don't really know me know me, so I just decided not to say anything. I don't know, it just kind of stuck around with me after she said that.

1 comment:

  1. This is fine. You are too funny. I was sort of hoping you would bust her out :-) Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete